The Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine is responsible for the implementation of various National and State Health Programmes. This Department also plans and implements measures to prevent the occurrence of communicable diseases thereby reducing the burden of morbidity mortality and disability in the district.
The activities undertaken by the department of public Health and Preventive Medicine are provisions of primary health care, which includes Maternity and Child Health Services, Immunisation of children against vaccine preventable diseases, control of communicable diseases, control of malaria, filaria, japanese encephalitis, elimination of leprosy, Control of Non–Communicable diseases, iodine deficiency disorder control programme, prevention of food adulteration, health checkup of school children, health education of the community and collection of vital statistics under birth and death registration system and environmental sanitation.
Prevention and control of waterborne diseases like Acute Diarrheal Diseases, Typhoid, Dysentery prevention and control of sexually transmitted diseases including HIV / AIDS.
The institutions which function under this directorate include
- Health Sub Centres
- Primary Health Centres
- Urban Primary Health Centres
- 30 bedded Community Health Centres and Upgraded Primary Health Centres
- Institute of Vector Control and Zoonoses, Hosur
Under this District 61 Primary Health Centres (PHCs) including 12 Upgraded PHCs, 6 Urban Primary Health Centres (UPHCs) and 238 Health Sub Centres (HSCs) are functioning besides 11 Hospital on Wheels.
- Non Communicable Diseases Control Programme
- Population Based Non Communicable Diseases Screening Programme
- Rashtriya bal Swasthya karyakaram (RBSK)
- Dr.Muthulakshmi Maternity Benefit Scheme – Rs. 18,000
- Amma Baby Care kit
- Civil Registration System
- Menstrual Hygiene Programme
- National Deworming Day
- Weekly Iron and Folic Acid Supplementation (WIFS)
- Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram (RKSK)
|Name/Designation||Contact Number||eMail ID||Address|
|Deputy Director Of Health Services, Krishnagiri HUD||04343 – 232830 / 237517||dphkgi[at]nic[dot]in||O/o Deputy Director of Health services, Collectrate back side, New RTO office via, Ramapuram (Po) – 635115, Krishnagiri District.|