The Collectorate play a pivotal role in the District administration. Collector in the Cadre of I.A.S heads the District. He acts as the District Magistrate for maintaining Law and Order in his jurisdiction. He deals mainly with planning and development, law and order, general elections, arms licensing etc.
The Additional Collector/ District Revenue Officer runs the Revenue administration under various enactments in the District. He is also designated as Additional District Magistrate. He mainly deals with civil supplies, land matters, mines and minerals, village officers etc.
The District Revenue Officer (DRO) and Deputy Collectors assists the Collector in discharging their duties. The District Revenue Officer looks after all the branches of the Collectorate. He deals mainly with general administration and is vested with supervision of day-to-day functions of the Collectorate.
The Project Officer District Rural Development Agency in the cadres of IAS/DRO, Personal Assistant Panchayat Development in the cadre of Deputy Collector, Assistant Director Town panchayats, Municipal commissioners & Municipal Corporation Commissioner are assisting collector in panchayat development and urban local body related works.
- Section A : Deals with Establishment and Office Procedures, Elections and VVIPs
- Section B : Land Acquisition, SIPCOT, Tamil Nadu Housing Board
- Section C : Deals with Law and Order, Magisterial (Court/Legal) matters
- Section E : Budget, Audit, Reconciliation,Salary, Pay fixation
- Section F : Public Distribution System, Civil Supplies
- Section G : Rehabilitation, Refugees Welfare, Srilankan Tamils Welfare
- Section H : Land Transfer, Land Alienation
- Section J – Patta Transfer Appeal Cases, UDR Correction, Record Maintenance
- Section R : Land Acquisition, National Highways, Electricity Board
- Section L (DADWO) : Adi Diravider Welfare
- Section M (DBCWO) : Backward Community Welfare
- Excise State Excise, TASMAC management
- Section P : Natural Hazards in Mountain areas
- Section Q : Revenue Recovery Act, TNPSC, House Building Advance
- SDC Grievances Redressal Cell, Mass contact programme
- AD(P) Panchayats Related Activities
- AD(audit) : Audit and High Level committe
- PA(SS) Small Savings
- PA(NM) : School Noon Meals Related Activites
- PO(DRDA) : Rural Development and Panchayat Raj
- A.D(TP) : Town Panchatyats related Activities
- Disaster Management