Tamil Nadu Corporation for Development of Women
Tamil Nadu State Rural Livelihoods Mission (TNSRLM)
The Government of Tamil Nadu is implementing a special scheme called Tamil Nadu State Rural Livelihood Mission from the year 2012-13. The Mission activities are funded by Government of India and the State Government in the ratio of 60:40. The objectives of TNSRLM is to build strong and vibrant institutional platforms of the poor in the rural areas which enable them to increase their household income through livelihood enhancements and access to financial and other services. Under this scheme the target group comprises of poor and vulnerable section of the community. The target people are organized into active Community Based Organizations (CBOs) to provide sustainable livelihood opportunities.
The salient features of TNSRLM
- Identification and mobilization of the left out poor into the SHG network.
- Establishing and strengthening community organizations of the rural poor.
- Social empowerment of the rural poor through capacity building.
- Promotion of livelihoods of the poor including the vulnerable and Differently-abled.
- Improving the quality of the SHG products and providing marketing opportunities.
- Providing financial assistance to SHGs for on-lending to their members for taking up economic activities.
- Employment linked skill training for rural youth.
- Convergence with the Government departments to leverage their financial and non-financial services and utilizing them in an effective manner.
- Enabling the rural poor to access basic facilities and train them in conserving their environment and sanitation.
Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM)
The Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihood Mission (DAY-NULM) intends to reduce poverty and vulnerability of the urban poor households by enabling them to access gainful self-employment and skilled wage employment opportunities, resulting in an appreciable improvement in their livelihoods on a sustainable basis, through building strong grassroots level institutions of the poor. The scheme is being implemented from the year 2014-15. DAY-NULM is a centrally sponsored scheme funded by both the Central and the State Governments in the ratio of 60:40.
- Social Mobilization and Institution Development (SM&ID).
- Capacity Building and Training (CB&T)
- Employment through Skill Training and Placement (EST&P)
- Self Employment Programme (SEP)
- Support to Urban Street Vendors (SUH)
- Scheme of Shelter for Urban Homeless (SUSV), and an exclusive component, Innovation and Special Projects (I&SP)
- Village Poverty Reduction Committee Formation
- Seed money to Self Help Group
- Vulnerability Reduction Fund
- Community Investment Fund
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kowalya Yojana
- Job Mela
- Credit Linkage to Self Help Group
- Interest Subvention
- Social Mobilisation and Institution Development under NULM
- Self Employment Program under NULM
- Employment through Skills Training and Placement under NULM
- Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
|Name/Designation||Contact Number||eMail ID||Address|
|Project Director||04343-235267||po[dot]mahalirthittam[at]gmail[dot]com||Room.No.105 and 106, 2nd Flower, Collectorate, Krishnagiri, Pincode:635001|