Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
It is a scheme to assist poor working woman to purchase women-friendly two wheelers to commute to the working places. Ease of use is the key consideration and therefore the vehicle is gearless/Autogear. For the Differently abled, three wheeled retrofitted scooters may be availed. One lakh working women will be benefitted through the scheme. A maximum subsidy of Rs.25,000/- or 50% of the cost of the two wheeler whichever is less. Balance cost over and above the subsidy amount has to be borne by the beneficiaries through Bank loan or through other means. For the year 2017-18 the allotment to Krishnagiri District in 2633.
- A woman who is engaged individually or collectively in a Group for a livelihood activity.
- Women registered as workers in Organized and Unorganized sector, for example Agricultural labour ect.
- Women employed in Shops and Establishment.
- Self-employed women involved in petty trades or otherwise.
- Women working in Government Aided Organization / Private Institution / Government projects/ Community Based Organization -PLF, VPRC, Makamai, who are either on consolidated salary or daily wages or on contract employment
- Banking correspondents/Banking Facilitators and ASHA workers.
- The beneficiary should have appeared for the class 8th examination (pass/fail)
- The beneficiary should be native of and residing in Tamil Nadu in the age group of 18 to 40 years and should know driving and possess valid Two Wheeler Driving License at the time of applying.
- The annual income of the beneficiary should not exceed Rs.2,50,000/-(Rupees Two and half lakhs only) and only one woman beneficiary is eligible to avail the benefit in a family, who is willing to contribute the balance money for the purchase of the vehicle.
- Priority will be given to the working women residing in remote places and hilly regions and to women belonging to women headed households, deserted women, Differently abled persons, destitute, unmarried women aged above 35 years, Scheduled caste/Tribes, transgenders.
Procedure to obtain the benefit/Service
First the beneficiary should apply on live and submit the application in the prescribed format along with required document to the BDO/Municipal Commissioner/ Eo or concerned Town Panchyath. After Filed verification, on probity basis, the list of eligible beneficiary will be placed before the DLSC for approval. The approval will be intimated to the beneficiary and they have to purchase the vehicle and submit RC and other documents to DMMU, for release of 50% eligible subsidy.