Swachh Bharat Mission Gramin
The main objectives of the SBM(G) are as under:
- Bring about an improvement in the general quality of life in the rural areas, by promoting cleanliness, hygiene and eliminating open defecation.
- Accelerate sanitation coverage in rural areas to achieve the vision of Swachh Bharat by 2nd October 2019.
- Motivate Communities and Panchayat Raj Institutions to adopt sustainable sanitation practices and facilities through awareness creation and health education.
- Encourage cost effective and appropriate technologies for ecologically safe and sustainable sanitation.
- Develop wherever required, Community managed sanitation systems focusing on scientific Solid and Liquid Waste Management systems for overall cleanliness in the rural areas.
The incentive amount provided to the beneficiaries for the construction of individual household toilets is Rs.12,000/- (Central Share: Rs.7,200/- : State Share Rs.4,800/-). The scheme was launched on 02/10/2014. The funding pattern between GOI and Govt. of Tamil Nadu is 60:40.
Eligibility for availing incentive/ assistance under NBA/ MGNREGS for construction of IHHL
- Below Poverty Line (BPL) Household
- Above Poverty Line (APL) households restricted to SCs/STs, Small and Marginal farmers, Landless labourers with homestead, Differently Abled and Women headed households.
- All houses constructed under Indira Awaas Yojana (IAY) or Chief Minister’s Solar Powered Green House Programme or any other Central/State housing scheme shall also be eligible for IHHL under Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan (NBA) and MGNREGS.
- However, the households which have availed the benefit of IHHL under TSC/NBA or already have a toilet shall not be eligible for assistance /incentive.
Clean Village Campaign Award (CVC)
The Hon’ble Chief Minister of Tamilnadu has announced Clean Village Campaign Price Award in the floor of Legislative Assembly and G.O . has been issued vide in G.O (ID) No.30 Rural Development & Panchayat Raj (PR-II) Department Dated :13.01.2012 . Considering the need and importance of Good sanitary practices in rural areas,the Government announces the award where it is given every year by selecting on village panchayat from each district which carries a cash prize of Rs.5.00 Lakhs for having achieved the following milestones.
Eligibility of this Scheme
- 100 % household sanitation facilities.
- 100 % School and Anganwadi Sanitation facilities
- The status of open defecation free
- Functional integrated sanitary Complexes for Women
- 100 % Rain Water harvesting in all households.
- Water conservation and waste water disposal, promoting agro forestry/Vegetable cultivation
- Solid waste disposal by segregating bio-degradable and non-bio degradable wastes at household and village level and promoting of compost.
Administrative sanction to be accorded for Rs.5.00 lakhs for the improvement of sanitation activities and solid waste management activities to the above below the panchayat under CVC Awarded money.
The clean Village campaign award for the Year 2012-13, 2013-14 and 2014-15 given to following village Panchayat and administrative sanction also given to carry out the works in the respective village Panchayat.