Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employee Guarantee Scheme
The MGNREG Act 2005 (MGNREGA) was notified on Sep 7, 2005. This Scheme implemented from 01.04.2008 in Krishnagiri District.
- Ensuring 100 days of Guaranteed wage Employment in a Financial Year.
- Livelihood security for the poor through creation of durable assets, improved water security soil conservation and higher land productivity.
- Job seeker should be above 18 years old
- Job seeker should be resident of the Panchayat
- 100 days employment will be provided in a year for each family. Family members attained 18 years and above may register their name in the Panchayat and get the job card.
- Job seeker should be interested to do any type of manual work
- Work will be provided to both gender (Men and Women)
- Since payment is credited to Savings Bank Account of worker through on line. Bank Account in any Nationalized bank should be given with application.
- For safety purpose Aadhaar number of the worker should be given with application.
All assets created under MGNREG Scheme were Geotagged through Mobile Application. The photos of the assets were uploaded in online of MGNREGS website.
Electronic Muster Roll (e-MR)
Electronic Muster Roll (e-MR) Implemented w.e.f Nov-2017. Under the e-MR the works were allotted on every Wednesday to the Beneficiaries, who are demanding work on every Tuesday in a week and the works are started from each Thursday. The demand of the beneficiaries entered in online of MGNREG Soft and the Muster Roll generated electronically and got print of it used in work sites for the week ensures attendance. Thus transparency in allotting works without any partiality is being maintained.
Good Governance Initiatives
Proper training is being given under Documentation, Maintaining Registers (1 to 7), Maintenance of Case Records / Work files, Installing Citizen Information Boards in all work sites and Wall writings regarding execution of MGNREGS works in Panchayat Offices.
- First Aid Boxes provided in all MGNREGS work sites.
- Solid Waste Management works were being carried over in all 333 Village Panchayats engaging 2663 “Thooimai Kavalars”.